RALEIGH Captus Crossbar
https://www.thunderroad.co.uk/ebike/raleigh-captus-crossbar/Based on the same frame design as the Motus, the new Raleigh Captus offers market leading Bosch motor technology to deliver power and comfort at a more affordable price.
The new Crossbar Captus frame complements its low step alternative with a classic diamond-style bicycle frame.
The Captus boasts a host of extra features over our entry level e-bikes including the introduction of the 60mm travel Suntour suspension fork which helps to reduce the impact of bumps in the road making your ride that little bit smoother. The most significant upgrade on the Captus is the addition of Bosch Active Line centre mount motor system. This system encapsulates German precision and reliability delivered in a beautifully efficient system that will easily carry you up hills and across town for up to 140km*.
The new generation 2 Bosch Active Line system provides smoother acceleration whilst shifting gear to create the perfect combination of mechanical and electrical pedelec technology. Its optimized 3-sensor concept performs 1,000 highly precise measurements per second, affording optimum power tuning, extremely low levels of noise & vibration and the Torque based sensor is quicker to respond to changes in your pedalling by adapting power output accordingly. The 300wh battery boasts a range of between 35 and 140km* from one charge dependent on the level of assistance selected.
An on-board Intuvia computer allows you to switch between four different levels of support; Eco, Tour, Sport & Turbo, as well as displaying information like speed, battery level, distance travelled and approximate range available. The powerful 50NM motor drives the rear wheel to provide a more natural power assistance when compared with the ‘pulling’ assistance offered by front wheel drive motor systems. Plus the handy ‘walk’ button delivers a low power output from the motor for those occasions where you need to push your bicycle up some steps or a short slope.
The traditional derailleur Captus is fitted with 9 speed Shimano Altus gears offering an exceptionally wide range of gears for you to choose from. Braking is covered by new Shimano hydraulic disc brakes, whilst e-bike specific CST tyres keep your wheels firmly planted to the road. The Captus is a fully equipped bike fitted with a kickstand, mudguards and a rear pannier rack that is perfect for carrying your extra luggage. Designed with comfort front of mind, this bike has been thoughtfully finished with a suspension seatpost, ergonomic grips, adjustable handlebar stem and an oversize hybrid handlebar all designed for fantastic comfort over any distance.
The new Captus Crossbar is now available in 2 sizes and a hub gear version or, if you fancy something a little different we also stock a low step frame design. If you are looking for a reliable and efficient electric bike or live in a hilly area then the Captus is the perfect solution.
*Range figure is an average and is dependent on terrain, weather conditions and level of assistance selected.
- Frame Type: Crossbar
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Frame: Alloy frame AL6061
- Approximate Weight: 21.5kg
- Suspension Fork: Suntour Nex suspension fork 63mm travel
- Headset: Low Stack semi integrated
- Shift Levers: Altus 9 speed shifter with display
- Left Shift: Lever Bosch Intuvia Controller
- Brake Levers: Shimano M315 Hydraulic Disc brake
- Rear Derailleur: Altus 9 Speed
- Brakes: Shimano M315 hydraulic disc brake
- Cassette: 9 Speed 11-34 cassette
- Chain: 9 Speed E-Specific
- Pedals: Comfort Pedals with Anti Slip
- Rims: Black 36 hole disc brake compatible
- Tyres: CST Palm Bay E 700c x 50
- Stem: Adjustable angle Alloy
- Handlebars: Comfort XLC Handlebar Black
- Grips: Ergonomic Comfort Grip
- Saddle: Selle Royal Milo + men’s
- Seatpost: Alloy Seatpost 30.9
- Seat Clamp: Quick Release Alloy Clamp
- Mudguards: SKS Full Mudguards with Cable guide
- Rear Carrier: Alloy Rack
- Crankset: Raleigh Alloy BOSCH crank set
- Bottom Bracket: Bosch Integrated in motor
- Front Hub: Alloy 36 hole black disc QR
- Rear Hub: Alloy cassette Hub 36 hole disc QR
- Inner Tubes: 700x38c presta
- Extras: Kick Stand, charger
- Front Wheel: Alloy Double wall, 36 spoke, 700c on Alloy disc hub
- Rear Wheel: Double Wall rim 36 hole 700c on alloy disc hub
- Chain Ring: Bosch Sprocket 18T
- Rear Derailleur Dropout: Alloy Replaceable Hanger
- Motor: Bosch Active Line
- Battery: Bosch Power Pack 300Wh, 36V
- Display: Bosch Intuvia display Featuring: Eco, Tour, Sport and Turbo modes. Range, Speed, and Time information Display
- Display Bracket: Bosch Intuvia Display holder
- Sensor: Bosch Speed Sensor
- Wiring Loom: Cable frame Battery 310MM